Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
IT Programme Manager
Guildford, South East England
GBP725 - GBP750 per day
IT Programme Manager
My client is one of the most renowned names in Cyber Security in the UK. Working primarily within the Telco, FS & Public Sector they are now searching for a contracting IT Programme Manager to become an integral member of the BAE team based in Guildford working for a 6 month contract.
As a company, my client is rapidly growing due to the diverse and complex nature of the projects that they undertake, and so it would be an exciting time to join as the newest IT Programme Manager, contributing to keeping the UK's most renowned organisations safe from cyber threats and attacks.
What's the Role?
To shape, mobilise, plan and lead an IT programme (or portfolio of projects) to deliver internal business transformation. You will be required to manage in the delivery of major IT programmes ensuring appropriate capability in place to maximise team performance, delivering to the key project, programme, and portfolio measures such as schedule, quality, scope, financials and IT Director satisfaction, while following the internal BAE delivery assurance processes.
- Mobilise and build required capability including the best available resources on programme sign-off, maintaining this approach throughout project execution, providing leadership to project and programme based staff, with management of suppliers, subcontractors and associates where required.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Shaping and planning of the project, programme or portfolio including the overall schedule and governance with selection and/or application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools.
- Pro-active management of internal and external key project, programme or portfolio controls including (but not limited to) RAID, financials (including margin, forecast costs to complete, technical and management contingency, revenue and capital cost), quality, scope and schedule performance, ensuring delivery of the agreed scope against the agreed contract, acceptance criteria, SLAs and change requests.
- Continued refinement and enhancement of the project, programme or portfolio schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule and cost baseline.
- Ensure that effective internal delivery governance (i.e. PRBs/EPRBs), delivery assurance (i.e. LCM) and standard reporting processes (i.e. Delivery Reporting Tool, Project Forecast) are adhered to.
- Support to the sales and account management team in renewals, extensions and business development cross-selling opportunities.
- Close down of the project, programme or portfolio at the end of an engagement, including personal performance reviews, project lessons learned and harvesting of reusable collateral (i.e. improved propositions, updated processes, reusable modules).
Grade Specific Accountabilities
Generally, the individual should demonstrate the required competencies for their grade as defined in Competency framework.
- Typically takes responsibility for projects, programmes or portfolios up to High level assurance.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of higher complexity projects, programmes or portfolios, e.g. greater than 12 months, with significant business, political, or high-profile impact, large teams and high-risk dependencies.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for senior stakeholders and sub-contracted 3rd parties, and has day to day accountability for the service and solution being provided.
- Has specialist knowledge in one or more areas of project management practices, applying these practices across a range of projects and instructing others in their application.
- Provides support, mentoring and assurance to projects that are classified up to Medium in Assurance terms.
- Coaches and provides guidance to one or more Project Professionals or Senior Project Professionals throughout the project lifecycle, managing their performance and supporting their development.
Type: Contract 6 Months
Start Date: 22/07/2019
Rate: £525 to £675 per day
Contact: Ross McKee
Telephone: 020 7780 6706