|Position:||IT Portfolio Finance Coordinator|
|Salary:||GBP40201 - GBP53096 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: £40,201 - £53,096 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent /Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What is the Role?
As a Coordinator, you'll have responsibility for performing and coordinating the core portfolio-level financial activities, including portfolio financial reporting, creation of portfolio financial metrics, the supervision of the portfolio finance team of analysts, the maintenance of financial controls and systems, including budgeting for all IT project expenditure, tracking of portfolio spend and funding drawdown, production of budgets and forecasting.
Your day-to-day activities will include the production of portfolio-level reporting, project financial control and reporting and financial standards. You'll work closely with the Portfolio Office Manager, the other Portfolio Office Coordinators, and the project and programme managers, senior management and other stakeholders within IT to provide a project cost accounting function to a growing portfolio of around 100 projects.
What do I need?
- An excellent understanding of Project Cost Accounting fundamentals. Fully or part qualified management accountant and/or studying towards a related financial qualification with a background in project accounting with a background in project / portfolio management office
- Relevant experience of Portfolio financial management, including portfolio financial reporting, production of portfolio financial metrics
- Experience in annual budgeting process for projects or portfolios
- Background in Portfolio Office functions or PMO functions, using collaborative skills in coaching others to complete required reports and managing financial reporting cycle on large projects
- Experience of managing a small team of financial analysts, experience of developing staff including setting and monitoring objectives
- Experience of managing, coordinating and implementing portfolio financial governance frameworks
- Experience of working and influencing the wider stakeholder community
- A demonstrable understanding of main corporate business areas in large organisations, the Energy industry and IT
- Knowledge of Transformational Governance Framework or an equivalent stage gate-based project governance process
- Strong knowledge of the Oracle Project Cost Accounting system (or similar) would be advantageous
- Ability to deliver under pressure whilst building relationships
- Customer focused approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a challenging environment and develop new skills
- Excellent problem solving
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.