|Position:||IT Contract Manager|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum + annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Flexible although Havant or Reading preferred
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Reporting to the IT Senior Contract Manager, you will be responsible for the commercial management and administration of contracts to ensure successful delivery in accordance with all internal policies and procedures such as the Procurement Manual, Commercial Manual and the LCP Governance Framework Manual. You will act as a Commercial advisory to leaders of IT Programmes and projects, facilitate relationships with Suppliers and manage their contractual delivery to ensure the successful outcome across a portfolio of Programmes and Projects. You will also support the delivery of IT and Procurement departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety & sustainability performance.
Key responsibilities in the role would be the following;
- Understand and support the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on a project(s)/contract (s).
- Work with the IT Procurement Category Managers and Procurement Officers (Strategic and Shared Service Centre) to ensure the best approach is taken in sourcing goods, works or services.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
- Support the Head of Procurement Operations, IT/Telco Lead Category Manager and the IT Category Manager(s) in providing a world class procurement and commercial service to IT
- Identify supply chain cost reduction opportunities and improvements in the Procurement and Commercial process.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree educated or equivalent direct entry to recognised appropriate professional body, IACCM qualified is desirable but not essential.
- Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data.
- Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts.
- Understands the financial aspects and implications of projects.
- Aware of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Hannah on 01738 341147.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.