|Position:||Innovation Support Manager|
|Salary:||GBP32000 - GBP49000 per annum + Company Car/Allowance + Performance Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow or Perth
Salary: £32,000 - £49,000 plus car/cash allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The Innovation Support Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Support all activities that promote, embed and operate an innovation culture within SSEN Transmission.
- Support integration of the innovation framework into BaU processes and practices; managing the communications of innovation activities internally and externally
- Submission of regulatory reporting associated with innovation
- Acting as the secretariat for the Innovation Governance Board and industry engagement to identify process and cultural improvements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Established Engineering and Commercial knowledge to degree level or equivalent experience
- Good process design and improvement skills
- Excellent analysis and knowledge transfer skills to a proven professional level
- Excellent People Management skills coupled with strong written & verbal communication skills, good time management and thorough knowledge and ability in MS Office Suite
- Excellent facilitation skills; ensures people reach agreement and develop effective work practices
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 342 871
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.