|Position:||Innovation Development Project Manager|
|Salary:||GBP44100 - GBP66100 per annum + Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading or Portsmouth
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance related bonus, and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As an Innovation Development Project Manager you will be responsible for initiating, refining and developing new proposals to support the delivery of the SSEN Innovation Strategy.
This will include identification of key areas for innovation and development of projects to provide benefits to SSEN and its customers. Outputs will include identification and initiation of projects to be funded either directly by SSEN, the Strategic Innovation Fund, or via a funding scheme.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and developing projects to support the delivery of the SSEN Innovation Strategy to maximise benefits for SSEN and customers.
- Developing the business case and supporting analysis for each innovation and its potential deployment
- The project manager will work with all stakeholders to aim for an exemplar safety record with the development of sector leading safety initiatives.
- Engage and influence across all levels of the company and industry, promoting the projects that can improve SSEN operation.
- Deliver high quality funding submissions to Ofgem.
- Progress and report on status of the projects you are responsible for. This will include monthly KPIs, project and finance approvals.
What do I need?.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Industry knowledge of electricity networks governance, regulation, business models and ownership.
- Degree level education or equivalent.
- Excellent project management skills; able to effectively plans own and others' time. A project management qualification is desirable.
- Excellent facilitation skills, to ensure people reach agreement and develop effective work practices.
We are looking for someone who takes ownership, who can visualise and clearly articulate proposed solutions, has an approachable manner and can adapt to changing situations.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey Watson on 01738 342529.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.