|Position:||HVDC Project Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Aberdeen, Perth or Inverness
Salary: Competitive + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for HVDC Engineers in the following disciplines:
- HVDC Plant & Equipment
- HVDC Control & Protection.
- Auxiliary Systems.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role will be:
- You will define the basis of project design and scope as well as validating and verifying the engineering design, construction, installation and commissioning, within an HVDC discipline for a wide portfolio of projects.
- You'll promote and manage safety within your assigned projects through the implementation of CDM procedures and practices, ensuring the project engineering is compliant with company, HSE and industry regulations.
- You will have responsibility for engineering delivery on your assigned projects, for your specific discipline, of a typical capital value of £50m - £1000m. Working closely with Engineering Managers, Lead Project Managers and Project Managers you'll ensure that Engineering and Quality risks are identified and mitigated with projects being successfully delivered.
- Provide HVDC technical support on high profile projects or technically complex issues.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree in suitable Engineering discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience. Preferably a Chartered Engineer or working towards this.
- Good Technical knowledge of the Transmission network, with technical understanding of core HVDC and FACTS elements, and understanding of facilitating functions.
- Good Technical knowledge of relevant legislation and the implications for Transmission network management for both Assets and Projects, including CDM & ESQCR.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner to facilitate decision making by senior management.
- Diligence and ability to determine critical technical issues and prioritise, where necessary, over less critical issues.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.