|Position:||HV / LV Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP40201 - GBP53096 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: £40,000-53,000 plus Company Car or Cash Allowance + Excellent Benefits
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
In this role you will be responsible for providing HV and LV Authorising Engineer operational support to both key clients and to SSE Enterprise operational staff across the SW region. It is a development role and is spread over a 2 year period. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Providing Authorising Engineer support to key clients by implementing, administering and monitoring a safe system of work. Typical clients will include Hospitals, Defence Establishments, Utilities and both Public and Private sector companies
- Carrying out annual audits of clients HV & LV safe systems of work in accordance with HTM, JSP 375 or bespoke Operational Safety Rules
- Providing HV and LV training, assessment and auditing to both clients and SSE Enterprise operational staff
- Recommending clients staff for appointment at HV or LV CP and AP levels
- Providing professional advice and consultancy to clients
- Investigating operational incidents for both clients and SSE Enterprise
- Developing the Authorising Engineer client base and increase income targets
- Assisting in developing HV & LV business opportunities generally in the SW region
Your Skills and Experience
The right candidate for this role will possess demonstrable experience in both the HV and LV operational sectors, ideally with authorisation as a HV/LV Authorised Person or Senior Authorised Person. You'll have professional qualifications leading to becoming accredited as a Chartered Electrical Engineer as well as strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and excellent presentational and reporting skills.
You'll have a good understanding of the requirements within the HTM 06 series, JSP 375 and the MDSRs and a keenness to self-develop, increase knowledge and awareness and attend courses relevant to the role. Due to travel requirements associated with this role it is essential that you hold a clean, valid UK Driving Licence.
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
With more than 22,000 employees working over 242 locations, we strive to be a great place to work for everyone. In addition to a competitive salary, you'll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You'll enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days (inclusive of public holidays), with the option to buy up to 10 extra days. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our "Be the Difference" scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.