|Salary:||Up to GBP53096 per annum + Car or Cash Allowance and Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: New Forest
Salary: Up to £53,096 plus Car or Cash Allowance and Excellent Benefits
In this role, youll plan, design, organise, control and monitor construction and maintenance work on the Fawley site HV/LV private network and associated plant and equipment in accordance with safety and customer requirements, ensuring all works are completed to time and budget.
Typical responsibilities in this role will include:
- Preparing accurate estimates of net cost for HV works to enable the site manager to develop commercial pricing.
- Plan, organise and control standard HV construction projects, ensuring Company safety and quality standards are maintained and customer requirements are met in line with design, budget and programme.
- Plan, organise and undertake maintenance on HV networks to meet customer requirements in accordance with Company safety and maintenance standards.
- Undertake fault-finding on customers networks to enable safe, cost-effective and efficient system restoration, meeting operating standards and fulfilling customer requirements.
- Monitor the work of direct staff and contractors engaged on construction, repair and maintenance projects to ensure safe and efficient project completion to the required standards.
- Assess condition of privately owned plant and equipment, providing technical report and recommendations to owner or if required, determine whether this can be adopted onto SSEs network.
Your Skills and Experience:
To be successful in applying for this role, we are looking for an experienced Senior Authorised Person on HV/EHV systems to 11KV, with extensive operational experience on a diverse range of HV and LV systems. Youll be familiar with and compliant with all Suspension of Operational Practice, Dangerous Incident Notifications and National Defect Reports with proven expertise in complex site project and contract management.
Youll ideally have detailed and extensive knowledge of the design, construction, commissioning and operation of electrical plant and equipment on all types of HV/EHV systems, including complex protection schemes up to 11kV and grading studies. In addition, you will be required to have detailed knowledge of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and other relevant standards. Expert knowledge and experience of all types of fault-finding and diagnostic techniques would be highly desirable as would proven experience in successful project cost control and an ability to produce detailed technical reports.
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
With more than 22,000 employees working over 242 locations, we strive to be a great place to work for everyone. In addition to a competitive salary, youll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. Youll enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days (inclusive of public holidays), with the option to buy up to 10 extra days. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our "Be the Difference" scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesnt take long.
Closing date for applications is: 26th December 2019
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If youre internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If youre successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.