|Position:||HR Manager - Change Programmes|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: 2 year fixed term contract | Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies.? We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
What is the Role
The primary purpose is to support the delivery of key people priorities as part of the Business Energy Strategy Transformation (BEST) Programme. The role of the HR Project/Change Lead is;
- Being able to understand and articulate the customer risks, concerns and key goals for the programme and help to shape and identify the appropriate people solutions.
- Work with the Programme Leadership team ensuring that they are effectively supported, and all appropriate health and well-being needs of the team are understood and discussed at the leadership level.
- Support the programme with day-to-day governance including risks/issues, commercial concerns and setting up the relevant operating rhythms for all companies involved.
- Working with the HR BP and HR team, take a lead role as HR Project Lead to support specific deliverables.
- Contribute to ExCo Papers regarding mobilisation and people risks associated with the programme. Escalate issues as required.
What do I need?
The essential skills and experience you will bring to this role:
- Experience of delivering HR projects in similar IT Programmes.
- Good knowledge of HR practices, processes and frameworks and experience of working in busy operational HR teams.
- Customer focused with ability to drive change from a people perspective.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.