|Position:||High Voltage Authorisation Trainer / Assessor|
|Salary:||Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: Circa £55,000 + performance related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have a fantastic opportunity available in our Learning & Talent team for an experienced HV Authorisation Trainer & Assessor, who can demonstrate both strong technical experience and a passion for developing people. This role supports the development of teams within our SSEN Distribution business, which powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland.
Your key responsibilities will include:-
- Facilitating training and conducting assessments to ensure our people have the technical knowledge and skills to support safe and effective network operations.
- Assist with the development of training content, to ensure it is aligned to current rules, procedures and best working practices.
- Planning the delivery of training plans and content across the UK that meets the needs of our customers.
- Providing advice and guidance as a technical expert on the implementation of operational procedures, engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver training to support both new employees, as well as upskilling and assuring the competence of existing employees and contract partners, as part of a continual review cycle for authorisations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Recently held distribution network authorisations up to and including Senior Authorised Person with Sanction for Test, coupled with excellent knowledge of the Model Distribution Safety rules used in the UK.
- Relevant experience in coaching others, teaching and assessing. This will include either a Level 3 qualification for Teaching & Assessing or relevant technical and communication skills that evidence your potential to develop into the role.
- A recognised safety qualification, or ability to demonstrate sound understanding of UK Safety Regulations (ESQCR, Electricity at Work and Environmental) would be beneficial.
- Excellent facilitation, presentation and communication skills with the ability to deliver engaging and inclusive learning environments for our diverse workforce.
About our Business
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on 01738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.