|Position:||Head of IT Relationship Management - Networks Distribution|
|Salary:||GBP62700 - GBP94100 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £62,700 - £94,100 depending on skills and experience + car + bonus.
Working Pattern: | Full Time with flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSEs growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's the Role?
This is an exciting new role for a Head of IT Relationship Management for the SSEN Distribution business.
You'll create and develop mature relationships and engagements with the SSEN Distribution Business Directors, that support and advocate the ongoing delivery of the IT portfolio. On an ongoing basis, you'll manage the development of the Distribution Business IT strategy and portfolio, responding to business strategy, demand and changing priorities. You'll also need to establish and manage governance forums for the Distribution business, ensuring that appropriate governance and communication processes are in place.
You'll manage a small team of IT Business Partners and Business Analysts, ensuring everyone has a clear understanding of the Distribution Business goals and priorities, managing and monitoring the changes in requirements and ensuring that these are reflected in the IT portfolio in a timely and controlled manner.
As a key partner to the business, you'll manage the creation of the annual IT Capex Budget proposal, including socialisation to acceptance with senior IT and business stakeholders. You'll also take responsibility for ensuring the IT budget is spent effectively to meet business needs and aligns with Group IT strategy to deliver maximum return on investment.
What do I need?
Critical to this role, will be your ability to influence and work with all levels within the organisation, including Executive and senior management - therefore strong influencing and negotiations skills will be key. You'll need to have demonstrable experience of successfully leading and delivering IT portfolios in a large organisation, as well as experience of developing IT strategy for a Business unit.
You'll have a proactive approach, with the ability to priorities workload within demanding schedules, to ensure the successful delivery of business priorities.
You should also have: -
- Experience of all stages of the IT development lifecycle
- Demonstrates a comprehensive breadth and depth of knowledge and experience of working in a complex project environment including multi-vendor and matrix environments
- Able to take ownership of problems and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Excellent time management skills; able to effectively plans own and others time
- The ability to forms judgements based on logical conclusions that have been drawn from available facts
- The ability to visualise and articulate proposed solutions to business problems provided by design team to business area
- Good facilitation skills; enables people to reach agreement and develop work practices - challenges the business and strives to agree best practice
- Sound understanding of the SSE IT Project Development process and able to facilitate and gain agreement to improvements where required.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with Jane Freeman ()
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.