|Position:||Head of Financial Planning & Analysis|
|Salary:||annual bonus, car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £Competitive + car allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible Working available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise comprises three companies: Contracting, Telecoms and Distributed Energy.
SSE Enterprise Telecoms operates a 20,000Km private telecoms network, with over 315 Points of Presence and connectivity to over 80 commercial data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a competitive range of leading-edge Ethernet, Cloud Connect, Optical Networking and Co-location services.
What is the Role?
The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will lead the creation of an FP&A function for SSE Enterprise Telecoms (SSEET). SSEET is recent joint venture between SSE Plc and Infracapital Plc, and therefore has a requirement to establish its own finance function. This is an opportunity to create an FP&A function encompassing management information, budgeting and forecasting, inclusive of balance sheet and cash flow forecasting.
The establishment of a high performing team is fundamental to the success of this role.
SSEET has a requirement to raise both internal and external debt finance, and is seeking potential acquisitions, the Head of FP&A will have the opportunity to support the CFO and Director of Finance with these activities.
- Develop all management information that is distributed to the SSEET Board, shareholders and leadership. This will include both financial and operating information.
- Lead the annual budget process and monthly rolling forecasts for the business including, variance analysis, for the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Create and maintain a driver based medium range plan for five years, encompassing income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Own the maintenance and development of the financial operating model to enable scenario analysis, in relation to cash flow management and funding requirements for the business.
- Design, recruit and lead an FP&A team that this the right size for the organisation and its requirements.
- Identify and lead profitability and cash flow improvements identified through analysis.
- Support the CFO and Director of Finance in raising internal and external debt.
- Support the CFO and Director of Finance with M&A activity.
What do I need?
- Degree-level education or equivalent
- Qualified accountant with significant experience in a FP&A Manager/Head of FP&A role for a business of similar size and complexity
- Expert analytical and financial modelling skills
- Ability to create and implement best in class finance reporting
- Experienced leader and communicator at all levels within the organisation
- Able to manage multiple complex projects/processes simultaneously
- Operationally and commercially focused
- Expert in MS Office applications (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Highly developed analytical skills
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is in offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check. Internal candidates, please advise your line manager before submitting an application.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.