|Position:||Head of Financial Modelling|
|Salary:||annual bonus, car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading
Salary: Competitive + annual bonus + car allowance
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible Working available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise comprises three companies: Contracting, Telecoms and Distributed Energy.
SSE Enterprise Telecoms (SSEET) operates a 20,000 km private telecoms network, with 315 Points of Presence and connectivity to over 80 commercial data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a competitive range of leading-edge Ethernet, Cloud Connect, Optical Networking and Co-location services.
What is the Role?
The Head of Financial Modelling will lead the design, development and implementation of robust financial models across the business. SSEET is recent joint venture between SSE Plc and Infracapital Plc, and therefore has a requirement to establish its own finance function. This is an opportunity to work with the Director of Finance to establish a modelling team which will have ownership of both the operational model for the business enabling strategic scenario planning including debt financing, and potential acquisitions integration, as well as developing standardised bid models and associated processes.
The establishment of a high performing team is fundamental to the success of this role.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of robust financial models, business wide and for specific bids
- Own the maintenance and development of the financial operating model to enable scenario analysis, in relation to cash flow management , business valuation and funding requirements for the business
- Design, recruit and lead a Modelling team that this the right size for the organisation and its requirements
- Ensure the provision of modelling best practice expertise, continuous improvements, leadership, direction and support the broader Finance function and Bid Teams
- Support the CFO and Director of Finance in raising internal and external debt
- Support the CFO and Director of Finance with M&A activity
What do I need?
- Educated to degree level (ideally in a numeric discipline)
- Qualified accountant or CFA
- Significant experience in a Financial Modelling Manager/Head of Financial Modelling role for a business of similar size and complexity
- Expert Financial analysis and advanced MS Excel Modelling skills, including the application of modelling standards / principals
- Experience of building and working with financial models, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, analytics , investment cases and bids
- A strong understanding of investment principles (e.g.: DCF, IRR, NPV)
- A strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
- Ability to build and review business models
- Experienced leader and communicator at all levels within the organisation
- Able to manage multiple complex projects/processes simultaneously
- Operationally and commercially focused
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is in offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check. Internal candidates, please advise your line manager before submitting an application.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.