|Position:||Head of Advisory Services (SSE Renewables)|
|Salary:||Car allowance & Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, London or Dublin
Salary: Competitive + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Due to our exciting expansion in the UK, Ireland and internationally we have a very significant pipeline of bids running across different geographies, which will range in capital value from £50m to <£4bn. To deliver our significant ambitions we are looking for an experienced strategic leader to take responsibility for all advisory services to run a global bid organisation.
This is a new and critical role within SSER's Business Development function reporting into the Global Bid Director, where you'll take overall accountability for the provision of all global advisory services across the SSER bid pipeline (Onshore, Offshore and Solar), encompassing seabed leases, subsidy auctions and multi-factor competitive processes. These include: customer consultations and engagement, developing joint venture agreements, providing comprehensive data analytics (auction modelling, competitor analysis, resource management), governance strategies, bid production and coordination service, developing knowledge management systems, as well as developing global and regional customer strategies.
You'll support bid delivery within the regions, and engage collaboratively with strategic functions and regions, identifying and assessing suitability of Joint Venture partners, establishing and negotiating joint bidding arrangements, and appointing teams for new bids. You'll work with the strategy team and businesses to identify market trends and translate these into customer centric offerings, that meet and exceed multi-factor bid requirements across target markets.
In addition to the above, you will be responsible for:-
- Leading, recruiting and motivating the advisory team (c50 people) to provide services that meet the current and future bid requirements, working with regional heads and bid designers.
- Developing and continually improving the bid management systems and bid bible to facilitate the industrialisation of all bid processes globally. This will include: all end-to-end bid processes, templates, training, knowledge management and continuous improvement.
- Leading the development and implementation of global customer offerings for multi-factor bids, drawing on insights and strategies from Technology, Sustainability, HR and Procurement as well as external partners (academic, technology, etc) to form market leading offerings.
- Providing all data analytic service centrally across individual bids including: auction modelling, detailed competitor analysis, bid analysis and KPIs. Developing and leading new ways of providing analytics e.g. AI to provide insights, aid decision making and forecasting of id costs and revenue (CFD/merchant) streams. Providing continual review of bid performance and actionable ways to continuously improve bid offerings and win rate.
- Overseeing independent bid reviews, prior to submission ensuring all recommendations are implemented prior to sign off and lessons learned are conducted, cascaded and knowledge used for future bids.
- Building and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with all corporate services: strategy, legal, procurement, sustainability, corporate affairs, trading, etc, ensuring an awareness of all future bid plans, drawing insight and strategies, and managing any issues raised.
- Engaging with a range of external stakeholders (external networks, academic, technology, etc) to feed into the development of compelling offerings and best practice in bid delivery, as well as to further enhance and develop the SSE brand.
What do I need?
Critical to this role will be prior experience in a similar or comparable role where you have taken a lead role in complex, large scale, multi-disciplinary projects or bids, preferably across the UK, Ireland and/or international onshore/offshore renewables, or broader energy sector. Key to this role will be your ability to lead and think strategically, critically assess information and insight and use this to support the development of global structures and processes to ensure future bid success. You'll be highly organised and structured in your approach with the ability to manage multiple work streams and priorities.
We would also love you to have:-
- Experience of managing a large, collaborative, multi-disciplinary team, preferably within a fast-paced bid or projects environment with multiple demands and priorities.
- Extensive experience of governance and commercial agreements, as well as an understanding of contract structures and JV contract arrangements and inter-relationships.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies for a large service organisation.
- Financial and commercial awareness, including experience of financial investment appraisal technique and an understanding of the commercial drivers.
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills with the ability to collaborate, influence and interrogate as appropriate, yet also take a step back, listen, reflect and accept feedback. You'll be able to clearly and positively present key messages at senior levels and to external stakeholders, partners or regulators.
- Resilience, curiosity and a proactive and innovative approach, with a focus on delivering results often in ambiguous and high pressure environments.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna on 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.