|Position:||Grid Services Engineer|
|Salary:||Car/Cash Allowance and Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow or Perth
Salary: Up to £58,000 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
As a Grid Services Engineer, you'll be responsible for managing all Grid related issues and opportunities from early project development to Operational handover and beyond. This will encompass both onshore and offshore wind and hydro generation.
Some of the key tasks relating to this role will involve;
- Grid feasibility assessments
- Management of the Grid connection process with the Transmission and Distribution companies
- Assessment of connection offers
- Achieving and maintaining Grid Code compliance
- Grid outage management
- Ancillary and system services opportunities
What do I need?
- Due to the specialist nature of this role there are a few requirements that we are looking for;
- Qualified Chartered Engineer and a member of the Engineering Council
- Good technical knowledge and experience within Renewable generation
- Good technical knowledge of the GB transmission system and its operation
- Working knowledge of appropriate engineering legislation and industry good practice
- Good report writing skills
- Effective organisation capabilities to deliver quality work to the agreed timescales
- Commercial awareness in order to understand implications of engineering activities and decisions.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.