Position: Location: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Gas Trading Analyst
We are currently seeking an Experienced Gas Trading Analyst to join our Business & Markets Analysis team in the UK.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
- Working alongside the European gas trading team, the role is responsible for understanding and analysing European & Global wholesale gas fundamentals, including supply & demand, pricing, transportation & competitive benchmarking with a goal to capture additional value.
- Statistical / quantitative analysis of European wholesale gas market and associated value chains; identification of value generation opportunities.
- Provide expertise, consultancy and analytical support for negotiation and optimisation of new and existing commercial agreements.
- Support and mentor other analysts within the team; play a key role in continually developing the team’s trading analytics skills.
- Support the development & improvement of analytical tools:
- Help with development and/or enhancement of existing analytical tools to improve insights from market fundamentals, assess economic value and optimize integrated trading strategy, taking into account commercial, economical and operational considerations.
- Participate in interactions with internal & external developers and evaluate external tools/software for application to client’s business; help with implementation/transition of optimization tools and models to trading/operations/marketing teams.
- Seeking 10+ years of experience in Europe Wholesale Gas industry with analytical exposure to physical trading environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of European and ideally Global traded gas markets.
- Degree in a quantitative discipline, preferably in Mathematics/Engineering/Finance/Economics/Accounting/Business; Master’s degree looked upon favourably.
- Highly numerate with advanced analytical & modelling skills.
- Experience working with databases and analytical/visualization tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; team player who proactively shares ideas, acting as an interface between analytical & trading teams.
- Able to multi-task in fast paced work environment but maintain attention to detail.
- Self-starter - able to perform tasks, make decisions and problem solve with minimum supervision.
- Creative problem solving skills and strong cultural awareness; comfortable across multi-cultural teams.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.