|Position:||FSO Senior Technical Specialist|
|Salary:||GBP53681 - GBP62405 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness
Salary: £53,681- £62,405 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The role is as a Technical Specialist FSO engineer for our Renewables product teams. These teams are agile scrum teams adopting DevOps practices. Onsite FSO Service Engineers are primarily focused on customer experience to ensure all interactions result in a positive outcome-based service. This role will be key to delivering a great service to our Renewables Control Rooms specialists and end users across the business, including strategic solutions to meet our growing business demand.
The role will include:
- Supporting the Renewables business and Control room teams with a variety of Service and development initiatives.
- Application development, installation & configuration and problem resolution.
- Support for the Mobility devices (Android/iOS/iPhone/iPads).
- Providing great service to end users from listening to challenges and providing solutions to improve the user experience.
- Being the subject matter expert to understand user applications and use cases.
- Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management.
- Potential for 24x7 support and on call rota and to support tests out of business hours.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A desktop development background strong experience in desktop deployment project/programmes.
- Proven experience in Application Support and connectivity.
- Wide source of experience in devices and user rollout.
- Comfortable installing and configuring applications from 3rd party vendors and integrating AD.
- Understanding of Citrix & Network dependencies.
- A great personality to work with the business users direct and able to translate their needs to robust solutions.
- Ideally experience working in Utility industry and working in remote locations.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.