|Position:||Front End Developer|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Dublin 18
Salary: approx. €45,000 - €47,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time - Flexible working patterns available - 37.5 - hours per week
About the Department
Energy Customer Solutions is the face of SSE to our customers in GB and Ireland, providing leading and reliable B2B services as well as leading retail solutions for our B2C customers.
What is the Role?
The Digital team is responsible for the delivery of all IT projects and programmes for the business. The team delivers a wide range of projects critical to SSE Airtricitys needs from Digital, Analytics, Customer Experience, Transformation, Regulation, Compliance and Infrastructure, and works closely with our business stakeholders across all of parts of the SSE Ireland business.
As Junior Developer, you will be working on a variety of software development projects, both on your own and as part of a diverse team of people with best practice to application integration. From here you will provide technical back up and support for internal developed applications. You will also have an opportunity to work as part of the SSE Airtricity Digital Studio where the team will be tasked with the delivery of high-quality projects that add value to the SSE Airtricity business as it undertakes a large-scale Digital transformation.
- Support bi-monthly releases to primary retail website - maintenance, new projects, etc
- Maintain and update Silverstripe CMS platform
- Act as technical point of contact with hosting provider
- Maintenance and Building new features for mobile app
- Support the development of automated testing within the team
- Maintenance and Building new features for CMS system.
- Act as key point of contact with content team and ensure that the CMS is a user-focused content management solution
What do I need?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using the English-language
- High level of attention to detail and strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to work across multiple product areas and remain quality and customer-focused
- Experiences with agile development and SCRUM methodology along with Jira, Bitbucket
- Excellent team player, cooperative and flexible
- Ability to present ideas clearly and precisely
- Self-reliant, the ability to work without close supervision
- Problem solving skills with the ability to identify and contribute to solutions for the company in a collaborative environment
- Passionate to learn and to work with new technologies
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch on sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.