|Position:||Flow Energy Trader|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + 10% cash bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time (37 hours per week) | Opportunity to discuss Flexible Working
About the Department
EPM & Investments aim is to create value-adding energy trading services for all stakeholders and external customers by providing superior returns and diversity of fuel supply through financial gas investments that are aligned to SSE's risk strategy. EPM & Investments also offers insight to support the SSE PLC portfolio, while supporting financial investment with well-managed exploration activity.
What is the Role?
We are looking to recruit a talented individual with a keen interest in Wholesale Energy Markets and Business Sales to develop a career with one of the UK's leading energy companies. As Flow Energy Trader, depending on your skills and experience, your role will give you the opportunity and responsibility to trade financial and physical energy products in the GB Wholesale Energy Markets.
Your primary focus will be to both provide a route to market for SSE Business Energy (BE) customers and to manage market exposure and risk through trading.
You'll take accountability for: -
- Managing the relationships and market access provisions with BE external clients and Third-Party Intermediaries
- Execution of hedging orders, via brokers and screen-based exchanges subject to company approvals
- Reporting of risk and exposures pertaining to the Flexi Customer book
- Working with Risk and BE to manage the internal trade process and the impact on Energy Portfolio Management
- Providing cross commodity desk cover.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, we are looking for you to have the following:
- A successful track record in energy trading is desirable but exception can be made for the right candidate who has a keen interest and understanding of energy markets, industry structure and the nature of business energy sales
- Preferably educated to degree level in a business or numerical discipline
- Strong numeracy and communication skills with the ability to use MS Office
- Drive to succeed, with proven examples of overcoming challenges to deliver success
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to operate with clear focus, dealing with a pressurised environment and working to tight deadlines
- Motivated, self-starter with the capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly organised, analytical and critical thinker
- Diligent, reliable and responsible, close attention to detail
- Fundamental respect for internal and external governance
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch via Well let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.