|Position:||Financial Modelling Analyst|
|Salary:||GBP32700 - GBP49100 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £32,700 - £49,100 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: 12 Month Secondment, Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
As a Business Analyst, you'll be working as part of a dynamic team to create, evaluate and present investment opportunities by using investment appraisal techniques, that will contribute to future value in line with SSE Renewables Business Strategy.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Conduct the investment appraisal of opportunities including the value and risk for SSE Renewables as a potential investor
- Prepare and present project Financial Appraisals to the development team and corporate finance
- Carry out Market Analysis on the UK and Ireland generation markets and prepare reports to the Business Analyses Manager and SSE Renewables management
- Provide regular updates on compliance and regulatory issues within the UK market and participate in providing responses to relevant market consultations
- Participate in the delivery of divestment/acquisition activities of renewable assets and the setting up of Joint Ventures required to support the development of SSE Renewables projects
What do I need?
Due to the nature of this role, we are looking for you to be educated to degree level, preferably in engineering, maths, business administration or economics. You'll need excellent commercial awareness and have demonstrable experience in financial investment appraisal techniques including cashflow modelling and payback period analysis.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are a must, as are excellent presentation skills, and the ability to work on your own initiative.
We are committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We will let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. Internal candidates, please make your line manager aware prior to submitting your application.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
As this vacancy in Renewables, we cannot accept applications from existing SSE Telecoms employees.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra "if its not safe, we don't do it"
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.