|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £37,200 - £49,100 + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible Working available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise comprises three companies: Contracting, Telecoms and Distributed Energy.
SSE Enterprise Telecoms (SSE ET) operates a 20,000km private telecoms network, with 315 Points of Presence and connectivity to over 80 commercial data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a competitive range of leading-edge Ethernet, Cloud Connect, Optical Networking and Co-location services.
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Head of Financial Modelling, you will support the development and implementation of robust financial models across the business. SSE ET is a recent joint venture between SSE Plc and Infracapital Plc, and therefore has a requirement to establish its own finance function. This is an opportunity to work with the Head of Financial Modelling to establish an operational model for the business enabling strategic scenario planning including debt financing, potential acquisitions integration and developing standardised models for large infrastructure bids.
- Develop and implement robust financial models for the business and specific bids.
- Develop and maintain the financial operating model to enable scenario analysis, in relation to cash flow management and funding requirements for the business.
- Ensure the provision of modelling best practice expertise, continuous improvements and support the broader Finance function and Bid Teams, in reviewing model inputs and assumptions to reflect the market.
- Support the Head of Financial Modelling and Director of Finance in raising internal and external debt.
- Support the Head of Financial Modelling and Director of Finance with M&A activity.
- Work closely with the bid teams and the end clients, to understand the key drivers of the business that will be modelled. This will include attending regular meetings, building models and continual explanation and development through client liaison and inclusion of financial / deal overlays.
What do I need?
- Educated to degree level (ideally in a numeric discipline).
- Qualified accountant or CFA.
- 3 + years experience in a Financial Modeller role for a business of similar size and complexity.
- Expert financial analysis and advanced / complex MS Excel Modelling skills, including the application of modelling standards / principals.
- Experience of building and working with financial models, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, Analytics and Investment cases.
- A strong understanding of investment principles (e.g. DCF, IRR, NPV).
- A strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts.
- Ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way.
- Ability to build and review business models.
- Experienced leader and communicator at all levels within the organisation.
- Able to manage multiple complex projects/processes simultaneously.
- Operationally and commercially focused.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is in offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch Hannah. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees