|Position:||Finance Business Analyst|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Glasgow, Perth, or Edinburgh
Working Pattern: 12-month Fixed Term/Secondment with flexible working 37 hours per week
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 (depending on experience)
The Finance Business Analyst will work with our Business, Finance and IT functions to understand and analyse:
- Data and reporting requirements for the OBIEE data warehouse.
- Rationalisation and re-design of the Chart of Accounts whilst ensuring it meets various needs, e.g. SSE7 (new business structure), reporting and systems security.
- Mapping of Budget and Forecasting processes and recommending areas for improvement whilst adhering to process design principles.
- Implications of changes to the above on People, Processes, Systems, Outputs, Inputs and Controls.
This is a key role providing solid analysis and recommendations into ongoing Group wide systems and process improvements impacting the Finance organisation working closely with cross functional teams from inception through to delivery. You will be:
- Supporting the design and development of the OBIEE data warehouse for Finance & ensure consistent controls, policies, procedures, and standards are in place.
- Working closely with business representatives, project management and IT technical specialists to ensure project requirements are captured.
- Chart of Accounts: produce account code definition document, rationalise segment values, documented recommendation for each segment ("single source of the truth").
- Documenting current and future state budget and forecast processes, including detailed SIPOC and impact assessment of changes.
What you need:
- Qualified accountant with significant experience in business process improvement in a changing environment along with experience of Financial Reporting and leading practice Planning and Budgeting techniques.
- Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework, experience of analysing, mapping and improving complex processes
- Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional workshop environment and ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them in simple terms
- Expert level knowledge in the use of MS Office suite, particularly Powerpoint, MSProject, and Visio, basic understanding of Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS and OBIEE
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and presentation skills and understanding of process analysis techniques and proficient in creating detailed process maps and associated work instructions.
- Ability to work with all levels of the Organisation and previous experience within a Finance or Financial Systems development environment.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Passionate about people and proud of our award-winning customer service, we go to great lengths to extend these values to our employees. This enables our diverse workforce the flexibility and opportunity of developing to their full potential. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
Lots of good things, including 34 days holidays (inclusive of public holidays), pension plans and paid volunteering days. Click here for a full breakdown; http://sse.com/careers/benefits-and-development/
Apply with your CV and cover letter, telling us why you want to join SSE and what you think you can bring to SSE.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.