|Salary:||GBP21584 - GBP28506 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £21,584 - £28,506 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: 12-month Fixed Term Contract | 37 hours per week | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSEs obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What is the Role?
We have an exciting opportunity has arisen within our Networks Finance team for a Finance Administrator within Connections Finance based in Perth. Reporting to the Connections Accountant, you will be involved in all aspects of accounting required to maintain financial control within the Networks connections processes.
You will be required to support the Connections team, operational depots and the Connections and Engineering team on all administrative activities from quotation acceptance through invoicing relating to customer billings for both companies and individuals. The role will include collating and banking Cheques, invoicing, issuing refunds, support debt management and customer query management. You will be in contact with external customers to resolve queries with billing and payments. In addition, you will support the business and/or connections Finance for miscellaneous billing, journals, cancellations and transfer of revenue and costs within the project management system and billing system.
You will also be required to provide support to regional staff and others on the operation of Oracle Financials and project billing.
What do I need?
- Previous experience working in an administrative role within a financial department.
- Ideally be HNC Accounting qualified, but this is not essential.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of core financial systems and knowledge or ERP software.
- Ideally have a good understanding of financial and project management systems, including strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS office Applications
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP systems, processes and workflow technology
- You should have excellent Excel and communication skills, be influential and be able to build good working relationships with both internal and external customers.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
Well let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch - Hannah.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.