Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Field Service Engineer
Reading, Southern England
GBP26000 - GBP28000 per annum + + company vehicle
Our client is a leading coffee machine and vending machine service provider, and they are seeking an experience Field Service Engineer to join their expanding team in the Reading area of Berkshire.
Reporting into the Area Service Manager, the Field Service Engineer will be responsible for performing reactive maintenance and planned preventative maintenance on a wide range of coffee machines and vending machines across the Berkshire and Reading area, covering the M4 corridor towards West London.
The objective for the Field Service Engineer is to provide a high quality service to all customers and actively contribute to the overall improvements of the business by servicing and maintaining equipment to a high standard. As a Field Service Engineer your goal is to limit the volume of equipment failure through correct service and maintenance. As a Service Engineer your ultimate goal is for the business to receive zero client complaints regarding technical reliability for machines deemed to be within your area of responsibility.
You will be working on a range of equipment from manufacturers such as WMF, Franke, Schaerer, Coffetek, Westomatic, Crane, N&W, Evoca, and Rheavendors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities.
- To diagnose and repair faults on a complete range of Vending Equipment
- To ensure that whenever possible all work is completed at the first visit ensuring that every effort is made to prevent further breakdowns. If a return visit is necessary to complete any work the return visit must be carried out at the soonest opportunity.
- Continually review multiple fault equipment and ensure that any machine that displays persistent breakdowns is given the highest priority regarding repair.
- Attend all calls in the order that they come in.
- Ensure all breakdowns are responded to within 4 hours.
- Ensure all calls to fit parts are attended to as soon as you are informed parts are available, but must be within 8 hours. The company uses a 9 hour day for all performance monitoring, this equates to 0830 to 1730.
- To ensure that you always have on the job access to the technical manuals/documentation relevant to the equipment that you are servicing/maintaining.
- To hold and maintain the required level of spare parts on your vehicle when instructed
- To form and maintain a close working relationship with colleagues and clients with a view to providing the best possible service to our clients
- To attend various Training Courses to assist you to maintain the highest standard of workmanship.
- Willing and able to work on your own initiative.
- Maintain good customer relations by adopting a pleasant manner at all times. Adhere to customer procedures e.g. entry/exit from premises & Health & Safety Policies where appropriate.
- Be aware of any potential cases of customer dissatisfaction and take appropriate action (repair machine/seek assistance from Senior Engineer/Service Manager) to avoid the potential becoming actual dissatisfaction.
- Deal with any complaints in an appropriate manner and ensure that they are addressed as quickly as possible reporting incidents of customer dissatisfaction to your line manager.
- Experience of working on vending or coffee machines
- Electrical installation experience, or electro-mechanical experience
- A relevant qualification in electrical engineering or electrical installations
- Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to interact with all customers in a calm manner
In return the business will offer a generous basic salary of between £26-28k, plus a company car, overtime availability, bonuses, incentives, a company pension, and other benefits.
If you are an experienced Vending or Coffee Machine Engineer in Reading or the surrounding areas, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.
+ company vehicle