|Position:||Field Asset Officer|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Flexible UK| We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices the UK.
Salary: Competitive depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance.
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week | Permanent | Flexible Working options available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What is the Role?
- This role involves responsibility for undertaking Audit and Inspection duties on a day to day basis to ensure satisfactory technical compliance with current industry standards of newly constructed gas networks to be adopted by the IGT owner Indigo Pipelines. (SSE Utility Solutions are the contracted UIP Partner and Asset Operator for Indigo Pipelines Ltd).
- You will also be required to carry out Annual Periodic Inspections of existing Gas Networks supplying Multi-Occupancy Developments therefore a sound Knowledge of IGEM/G/5 (Gas in Flats) will be essential.
- You may also be required to manage Reinforcements or Mains Diversion projects from time to time therefore previous supervisory experience will also be essential.
What do I need?
- To be considered for the role, you will require a strong knowledge of the following: Relevant Gas Industry Legislation and Regulations Relevant Institute of Gas Engineers Main Laying and Service Laying Standards (TD/3 and TD/4)# IGEM/G/5 (Gas in Flats)
- Recognised HS&E qualification SCO trained NRSWA accreditation would be highly advantageous.
- You will have the ability to display an understanding of current Gas industry connection activities and will preferably be a member of the Institute of Gas Engineers and Managers as an Engineering Technician.
- The ideal candidate will have communication skills and will be good working knowledge of Microsoft office and will require a full current UK driving license as this position is Field based.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with / 01738 344072. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
INTERNAL: Please notify your current line manager, before submitting an application.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.