|Salary:||GBP32700 - GBP49100 per annum + annual bonus, car/car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow or Perth
Salary: £32,700 - £49,100 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: 12 month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our Procurement and Commercial team are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What is the Role?
The main purpose of the role is to provide an estates, land and buildings management and professional advisory service to all relevant stakeholders within SSE. The role involves the management of a mixed portfolio of heritable and leasehold property interests on behalf of the SSE business segments, which includes liaising directly with senior managers, key stakeholders and external third parties.
The role also involves contributing towards the continuous development and improvement of the Property Services function, which will lead to the increasingly efficient and effective operation of SSE's property portfolio.
This role is within the rural surveying team, which forms part of the larger Property Services department. The primary business stakeholder will be the SSE Renewables Business, with work focused around the operational windfarm and hydro schemes.
Responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
- Appoint and manage external surveyors where necessary ensuring VFM in the assignment to be undertaken.
- Advise site staff on the practicalities of the legal obligations set out within the leases, consents and statutory obligations affecting the landed estate and provide advice/assistance to facilitate and maintain a good Landowner relationship.
- Advise on ownership including access rights, wayleaves, servitudes, etc protecting our main rights to allow the assets operation to be unrestricted.
- Assist with the Voluntary Title registration of the SSE Renewables hydro schemes.
- Provide advice and support to project ecologists in order to facilitate the prescriptions set out in any Habitat Management Plan. This includes interpretation of the relevant lease terms, advice/assistance to facilitate and maintain a good Landowner relationship, if necessary negotiation and variation to the current lease terms and advice on the practicalities of estate management and how the HMP prescriptions can be achieved in order to comply with this obligation set out in the consent for the Windfarm.
- Liaise with energy supply in order to understand the complexities of the energy supply market and how this relates to the landowner payments in order to ensure compliance with the financial obligations of windfarm leases.
- Actively seek out opportunities to rationalise the overall SSE property portfolio, through working with all relevant stakeholders to identify excess space within buildings, surplus land for disposal and pro-actively identify opportunities to add value to the operations of SSE.
What do I need?
- Understand the overall structure of SSE, in particular the separate business segments, as workload covers all of these areas.
- Understand financial management and reporting, ensuring budgets, variances and accruals are identified/minimised, as required.
- Understand the particular uses of property and land that the business segments require, always protecting both their value and the reputation of the company.
- Desirable to be a full member with a relevant discipline of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (e.g. General Practice, Valuation, Rural, Planning) with associated relevant degree and a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.)
- Excellent understanding and application of the relevant contracts and legislation including property/land ownership, landlord and tenant, planning, environmental, access rights etc.
- Excellent negotiation skills and dealing with conflict.
- Experience of management of complex land and property interests, with multi-use, multi-occupancy issues, and complex financial obligations.
- Understand the markets in which they work/specialise and provide professional advice to the SSE group on these matters.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Problem solving and identifying options to provide full, clear picture for decision making.
- Full driving licence.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We'll let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch -
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.