|Position:||EPM Systems Operations Analyst|
|Salary:||GBP37600 - GBP56400 per annum + Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK. There will be a requirement to travel to Perth on a regular basis.
Salary: £37,600 - £56,400 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The EPM Systems Operations (EPMSO) team is responsible for a wide range of activities within EPM, supporting business and IT teams to ensure that the complex IT systems and models can meet our demands for fast and accurate data to support critical operational decision making and reporting needs. This is a challenging role which provides the rare opportunity of both operational and systems experience and the chance to add considerable and quantifiable value to the business.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Providing a highly responsive, informed, and flexible service to key customers both internal and external.
- Working closely with IT teams to ensure that system availability is maximised, and that systems are fully maintained and supported in line with cyber risk and resilience measurements.
- Acting as a focal point for fault escalation and resolution through liaising with IT colleagues, ensuring service levels are upheld and faults resolved within agreed timeframes.
- Taking the lead in system configuration requests, testing and development changes, ensuring requirements and solutions meet the business needs.
- Supporting delivery workstreams with knowledge input and task completion to ensure estate management and strategic goals are achieved.
- Taking ownership of issues, ensuring they are identified and resolved as effectively and efficiently as possible, making informed decisions in a timely manner and escalating when necessary.
What do I need?
To be considered in this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise conflicting tasks working autonomously and within a team.
- Experience of coordinating and managing technical data requirements and the application into business processes.
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to ensure quality delivery in a dynamic and operational environment.
- Working knowledge of IT systems and relevant Microsoft products with the technical skills to enhance existing solutions/systems, ideally used within a service delivery setting.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A strong work ethic with a proactive and self-motivated approach for delivery.
About our Business
Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) is the energy markets heart of the SSE Group, securing value for SSE's asset portfolios in wholesale energy markets as we move towards our vision of being a leading energy company in a net zero world. We play a critical role as the short-term energy market asset optimiser, and a long-term energy market adviser, for all SSE's Business Units (across SSE's Wind, Hydro, Low Carbon Thermal, Distributed Energy and Customer portfolios). This role for EPM enables SSE to focus its investment in energy markets capabilities (including Trading, Risk Management, Energy Economics and Advanced Analytics) in one centre of excellence, with these enhanced capabilities supporting value creation and decision making across the SSE Group.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.