|Salary:||EUR27900 - EUR41900 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Tarbert Generating Station, Limerick
Salary: Up to €41,900 depending on experience + Annual Performance Incentive
Working Pattern: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
About the Department
Thermal complements our renewables business to support the transition to a low-carbon economy by 2030. We embrace an innovative and inclusive culture and operate a flexible generation fleet that can respond quickly to market changes.
What is the Role?
As Environmental Coordinator, you'll ensure Station compliance with its Industrial Emission Licence (IEL) issued by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and maintain the stations environmental management system to continually improve performance.
Some of your other accountabilities will include;
- Maintaining station environmental management systems, ensure the scheduling, completion and reporting of environmental audits; liaise with external certification body; complete Management Review meetings and document; identify and maintain documentary requirements of ISO 14001.
- Ensuring that the station complies with the conditions of its IEL including regulatory reporting; record and compile necessary information to that end. Be the stations responsible person for environmental compliance and performance; liaise with relevant external parties including the Environmental Protection Agency, MCERTS and CEMS certification bodies and contractors.
- Ensuring Major Accident Hazards are identified, fully understood and appropriate risk mitigation measures are in place.
- Management of waste on-site, including the maintenance of required records.
- Providing support to station personnel with the requirements of MCERTS, CEMS and other site emission control systems. Act as a designated selected person.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, we are looking for you to have the following;
- Knowledge of planned power station operating regime.
- Knowledge of environmental requirements to which a power station must operate.
- Seeks improved station operation in-line with company strategy.
- Demonstrates company values.
- Knowledge of company's safety rules.
- Able to lead and work with others.
- Able to understand and apply legislative requirements.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Competent computer skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant engineering or science discipline, ideally with power station experience.
- Effective communication across all levels.
- Environmental qualification.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of requirements of ISO 14001 and environmental legislation.
- Knowledge of emissions compliance requirements as per LCPD, IED and EU ETS, CEMS, MCERTS and their compliance regimes and standards.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please contact sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees