|Position:||Environment Manager - Seagreen|
|Salary:||GBP32700 - GBP49100 per annum + annual bonus, car/car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £32,700 - £49,100 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent Contract | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
SSE Renewables are looking for an experienced Environment Manager to join the Seagreen Project Team. Seagreen Wind Energy Limited ('Seagreen') is a joint venture partnership between SSE Renewables and Total. Phase One includes the development of two offshore wind farms, Seagreen Alpha and Seagreen Bravo, located over 27km from the Angus coastline.
As Environment Manager, you'll be responsible for the management of both the onshore and offshore packages associated with the Seagreen project. This includes management of the project Ecological Clerks of Works (ECoWs) as well as acting as the relevant subject matter expert providing environmental advice and guidance to the onshore and offshore project teams as necessary.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Managing the project approved onshore and offshore Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMPs), ensuring they comply with planning and consent conditions.
- Managing and liaising on readiness and construction compliance programmes with the onshore and offshore ECoWs.
- Liaison with key contacts across the project including the SHE Manager, Lead Consents Manager and Project Manager, as well as external stakeholders and regulators.
- Reviewing contractor risk assessments and method statements in advance of any works activities, ensuring that all activities are undertaken in a compliant manner and with due consideration given to environmental management best practice.
- Conduct routine inspections of site compounds, construction sites and vessels in addition to undertaking incident response readiness reviews including observation of contractor environmental drills and exercises such as Shipboard Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (SOPEPs).
- Prepare and review environmental induction and training materials.
You'll also responsible for the internal project Environmental Management Plan as a crucial component of the internal SSE governance process at all relevant gate stages.
What do I need?
Due to the nature of this role, we are looking for you to have the following;
- Experience in environmental management of large onshore and offshore construction works.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of relevant environmental legislation associated with onshore and offshore works.
- Experience of offshore wind construction projects and of working as part of a large multi-disciplined project team.
- People management experience.
- Relevant professional membership of an environmental body such as CIEEM or IEMA
- Experience in stakeholder management including regulatory bodies, conservation agencies and NGOs.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to internal and external applicants. Internal applicants, please notify your line manager prior to submitting your application.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.