|Position:||Energy Services - Regional Manager|
|Salary:||Car/Cash Allowance and Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: circa €70,000 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time - Flexible working patterns available - 37.5 hours per week
About the Department
Energy Customer Solutions is the face of SSE to our customers in GB and Ireland, providing leading and reliable B2B services as well as leading retail solutions for our B2C customers.
What is the Role?
You will be leading a team of c40 field-based staff, c10 office-based staff, and working with external partners with a combined contract value of £5m p/a. You will be ensuring first class delivery of services, breakdown repairs and new installations across a growing customer base, and the completion of over 20k jobs per annum. As such this is a demanding role, suited to a rounded operational executive with extensive knowledge and experience with the end-to-end service value chain.
You will be able to build and manage the front-line operations to cope with the pace of growth, drive a real focus on increasing efficiency within the operating model, whilst ensuring that safety and performance is ever-improving, customer satisfaction is increased, and commercial results exceed expectations. Key responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
- Control and oversee all outsourced operations, ensuring appropriate standards of performance are adhered to, and that full value is derived through thorough contract management
- Manage the transition of activities between outsource and insource as required, carefully assessing and shaping the commercial implications of changes
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficient operational delivery across Energy Services activities to improve margin capture
- Ensure that growth plans are aligned to operational expansion plans and that delivery is seamless, this includes the broadening of the suite of products and services on offer across ROI
- Ensure that operational capabilities are expanded in line with product range extension plans, both in terms of the trades that are covered and engineers knowledge of new technologies in both regions
- Define and implement transformation projects systems change, and product development - working closely and collaboratively with the SSE Airtricity Leadership team as required
- Constantly strengthen our safety culture, safety management system and safety performance
- Support growth plans, expanding our management, through a focus on people development
- Ensure that service, supply chain, planning & scheduling, and field operations are supported
What do I need?
- Experience in senior operational leading with a demonstrable track record of delivering against efficiency and growth objectives
- Direct experience of leading a large operational workforce
- In depth knowledge of working across the service delivery chain, including the energy industry
- Knowledge and appreciation of using insight and continual improvement techniques to improve the customer experience and operational efficiency
- Effective management of senior internal stakeholders and complex external relationships, securing buy-in to plans and alignment of resources
- Proven success in leading, motivating and developing teams. The candidate will be an inspiring, energetic leader who can galvanise their people and lead by example.
- Experience of working with domestic trades (which might include heating, plumbing, electrics, appliances and more)
- Track record of driving cost efficiencies, and a strong understanding of the relationship between operational efficiency and P&L performance
- Experience of defining and implementing strategy for growth
- The ability to deliver under pressure, and remain calm in all situations
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
For this role you must have a full, current driving license.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch on sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.