|Position:||Energy Services Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: €24,051 - €35,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
SSE Airtricity is currently recruiting for an Administrator to work within the energy services admin team. Within this role your responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative and technical support to customers, engineers and colleagues to ensure that customer expectations are met while adhering to company procedures/time scales. Constant monitoring of the internal database to ensure all information held by us is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Ensure all correspondence (i.e Emails/Letters/Inbound and Outbound Calls) with customers / sales agents /engineers is dealt with according to the specific requests.
- Ensuring all paperwork relating to SEAI grant work is completed correctly and uploaded to the portal regularly.
- Processing credit card payments using the Realex Secure online payment system.
- Ensuring appropriate handling of customer complaints in line with SSE policy.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Access, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to ensure a consistently high level of customer care and satisfaction
- Knowledge of SEAI grant management
- Excellent knowledge of our in house computer systems - Heat, Realex, Harmony, Peace (training provided)
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, engineers.
About our Business
SSE Airtricity is Ireland's second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland. At SSE Airtricity we believe in making energy better. Around 40% of the electricity SSE Airtricity supplies to its customers on an island basis is generated from renewable sources - the greenest energy supply of any provider on the island and over three times the average on an all-island basis.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on +44(0)1738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.