|Position:||Energy Data Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: £21,100 up to £32,400 depending on experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
Working in a sometimes high-speed, changing environment your main focus will be in completing energy data analysis reports and energy management for customers along with identify potential energy savings within our monitoring and targeting software.
Other core elements of the role will include:
- Producing and presenting client reports and presentations
- Interpretation of energy insights from data and operational knowledge
- Participating in client meetings and business development activities
- Feeding into the developing of our in-house software along with our data gathering processes
- Informing and improving a portfolio of regular energy data, charts and analysis for internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding and interpreting various energy data types in large volumes
- Guaranteeing accuracy in energy data, the process for collecting and reporting of errors
- Interpreting the intelligence from energy data sources
- Energy benchmarking & Energy management
- Using various analytic techniques to cover areas such as TRIAD, tariff management, M&V within projects and long-term energy forecasting.
Skills and qualifications:
The successful candidate will be bright, enthusiastic and with a keen intellectual and commercial inquisitiveness in the global energy industry. The role requires you to be numerate with an analytical and diligent approach, hard-working and with good attention to detail. Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively within varied internal teams are also important. Excellent communication skills are essential to maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders including customers and external service providers. You'll have a professional manner and be dedicated to meeting customer expectations, including demonstrating a strong set of values to match those of the SSE Energy Solutions Team; Safety, Honesty, Integrity and Exceptional Customer Service.
You will support and maintain a collaborative working environment with internal and external customers and stakeholders whilst creating a high performance culture in the Energy Optimisation Team, which enables the business to meet and exceed both customer needs and business objectives.
You will ideally bring a numerate (maths or computer science based) Degree. You will also have previous experience in delivery of research and analysis on energy projects, with evidence of adding significant value to clients businesses. Previous experience of using an aM&T software package as well as advanced excel skills would be highly advantageous. Experience in the Energy sector is desirable and you should possess both outstanding quantitative analysis skills and clear written and spoken communication skills.
You'll demonstrate a positive approach towards problem-solving under pressure, including the ability to think through a problem and apply a logical, analytical approach to develop a solution. You'll have the ability to manage time and work independently and within a team, taking responsibility and ownership of work with minimal errors. You'll take the initiative in achieving objectives and meeting deadlines and display effective problem-solving skills. Finally, you'll comprehend and drive processes to ensure that the team and the company continue to be compliant to customer contracts.
SSE Business Energy supplies businesses with electricity and gas, offering a wide range of energy contract solutions including fixed and flexible contracts, serving a broad and diverse range of clients from micro businesses to large national corporates.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.