|Position:||Energy Contracts Analyst|
|Salary:||GBP37600 - GBP56400 per annum + Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Aberdeen, Glasgow, Perth, Leeds, Reading or Hampshire
Salary: £37,600- £56,400 + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Thermal Contracts Team are responsible for exploring and negotiating new contractual opportunities for SSE Thermal while also managing existing commercial contractual positions for the SSE Thermal portfolio. This role will take a key lead ensuring efficient management of existing SSE contractual positions and supporting the development of new contractual opportunities. The team are looking to recruit an Energy Contracts Analyst who will be responsible for:
- Becoming a subject matter expert for SSE's contractual positions (including Power Purchase Agreements PPAs or Joint ventures JVs) and supporting the wider thermal commercial team to assist optimisation of SSE contractual position.
- Supporting negotiations teams while exploring new PPA or JV opportunities.
- Supporting the introduction of new JV/PPA positions into the wider thermal commercial team and advise on asset management and optimisation under the contracts.
- Monitoring JV/PPA and outturn and despatch against contractual positions.
- Advising trading or generation on optimisation of JV/PPA contractual terms.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An Understanding of Power Purchase Agreements and Joint ventures contractual structures.
- An ability to understand complex commercial or contractual proposals.
- Understanding of industry challenges, regulatory change and impact on commercial opportunities.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as within a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members.
About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the light on across the UK and Ireland and we're rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We're developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world's first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We've already achieved a lot - but we're just getting started. As part of SSE, which is investing £24bn this decade, we're at the forefront of the energy transition - so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
To find out more, read this blog from Catherine Raw, our Managing Director, on our critical role in delivering net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.