|Salary:||GBP19600 - GBP29400 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: £19,600 - £29,400 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | 40 hours | Flexible Working Patterns Available
About the Department
Energy Solutions design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise building control systems and are part of SSE's Distributed Energy division developing solutions for smart places - cities, campuses and non-domestic buildings.
Working alongside our colleagues we provide some of the most critical building and energy generation services required in a Zero Carbon world - renewable energy generation - including solar PV and battery storage solutions, heat networks, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
You can read all about what we do here - https://sseenergyoptimisation.co.uk/
What is the Role?
Working in a reactive help-desk environment, dealing with customer technical queries carrying out fault analysis and diagnostics.
- Monitoring the in house alarm management system, dealing with alarms in line with customer service level agreements. Carrying out fault analysis and applying corrective action where possible
- Carrying out remote maintenance reports on building energy management systems, identifying improvements that can will impact on either the environmental control or the energy performance of the building.
- Ensuring all work activities are accurately recorded and described in the business service management system
- You'll use Building Energy Management Systems to help analyse building performance and improve building user well being
- Taking part in the department out of hours call out facility and providing technical support remotely for the business customer base and the department infrastructure.
- To provide support to the department tenant billing customer queries, from balance queries, PAN number updates to missing payments
- Provide support for branch colleagues for establishing remote connectivity to customer buildings using a variety of connection methods
- Training is a key aspect of the role as the EMC is continually looking for technical advances that will enhance the service provided to our customers; Product training and control system application training will be provided.
What do I need?
Our customers are important to us, to be successful in this role it is essential you'll have an excellent customer service ethos with an ability to communicate effectively with good listening, written and oral skills.
You'll be able to work on our own initiative have a strong work ethic, an eye for detail and embrace new challenges
You'll be part of a technical team its vital you play your part by supporting your colleagues, being reliable and responsible, showing a genuine commitment to the team and being flexible and ready to help when needed.
You'll be a problem solver someone who is looking for solutions rather than problems, someone who embraces new technology and change.
You'll be highly motivated and driven to succeed striving to learn new skills and applying them in the workplace.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We'll let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with Scot Duffy,
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.