|Salary:||GBP28600 - GBP42800 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: £28,600 - £42,800 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | 40 hours | Flexible Working Patterns Available
About the Department
Energy Solutions design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise building control systems and are part of SSE's Distributed Energy division developing solutions for smart places - cities, campuses and non-domestic buildings.
Working alongside our colleagues we provide some of the most critical building and energy generation services required in a Zero Carbon world - renewable energy generation - including solar PV and battery storage solutions, heat networks, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
You can read all about what we do here - https://sseenergyoptimisation.co.uk/
What is the Role?
Working in a reactive helpdesk environment, dealing with customer technical queries carrying out fault analysis and diagnostics.
- Monitoring the in-house alarm management system, dealing with alarms in line with customer service level agreements and carrying out fault analysis whilst applying corrective action where possible
- Carrying out remote maintenance reports on building energy management systems, identifying areas of concern that are impacting on either the environmental control or the energy performance of the building.
- Taking part in the department call out facility and providing technical support remotely for the business customer base and the department infrastructure.
- Ensuring all work activities are accurately recorded and described in the business service management system
- Has capability to use control system engineering tools (Trend System Engineering Tool and/or Siemens X Works) for the purposes of fault diagnostics and re-configuration of control logic
- To make adjustments to control logic to improve customer environmental control and/or energy performance
- Has some experience in engineering Building Energy Management systems with either Trend IQ Vision, Trend 963, Siemens Desigo Insight or Siemens Desigo CC
- Provide technical support for branch colleagues for establishing remote connectivity to customer buildings using a variety of connection methods
- Training is a key aspect of the role as the EMC is continually looking for technical advances that will enhance the service provided to our customers. Therefore product training and control system application training will be provided.
What Do I Need?
The ideal candidate for the role will have previous experience in the HVAC industry together with relevant industry qualifications. You'll be IT literate with good knowledge in Microsoft applications i.e Word, Excel etc. Excellent communication skills are essential, with an ability to converse with people, have excellent listening and writing skills with a keen eye for detail.
Utilising your skills and experience in a helpdesk environment, you should be able to demonstrate experience of providing fault analysis on BEMS control systems of one or more of the following manufacturers: Trend, Siemens, Tridium, Cylon, Johnsons or Honeywell.
You'll have a high motivation to succeed to progress and develop in your chosen career as well as a strong work ethic, presenting a professional manner at all times. Always on the lookout for new efficiencies and improvement, you'll embrace change and be open to new ways of working and technologies. Finally, you'll display excellent customer service skills and the ability to strike up relationships with customers will come naturally
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We'll let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch
The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.