|Position:||Electrical Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: circa €55,000 - €65,000 depending on skills and experience incl car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Location: Leopardstown, Dublin
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
SSE Airtricity Utility Solutions is part of the SSE Group and is a leading electrical specialist contractor in Ireland.
Operating in a dynamic environment, we are currently involved in a range of projects throughout Ireland running a variety of commercial and term contracts and have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Project Manager to work with our Commercial and Operations teams based from our Dublin office, heading up projects in the greater Dublin area.
As an Electrical Project Manager, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of projects from the initial phase of construction until handover to the client. The position requires strong project management skills and the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels both internally and externally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively promote a positive safety culture; monitor and control safety performance to ensure all Company and customer safety rules and procedures are applied by staff and contractors.
- Review contract documents for specific clauses, requirements and conditions and manage same
- Developing, implementing and managing the project schedule and milestones in line with the project budget and requirements.
- Managing the RFI process and Technical Submittal in accordance with project schedule.
- Managing the Procurement process of all equipment, plant and materials in accordance with schedule and project budget.
- Assist in Sub-contractor procurement and selection in accordance with schedule and project budgets.
- Monitor the progress of our works and that of others with the agreed schedule to issue relevant notifications as required
- Progress reporting on safety, schedule, costs, etc.
- Management of sub-contractors and vendors
- Liaising and engaging with all sides of the project team and directly with the customer
- Lead and manage the project teams to ensure a high level of motivation and co-operation is always maintained and support the - achievement of business objectives
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and drive excellence to ensure cost-effective improvements in service and productivity.
- Comply with and actively embrace the SSE approach to health and safety guidelines
- Develop relationships throughout the clients business to maintain customer focus and collaborative approach in delivery of client needs
- Manage the testing and commissioning schedule and control of the documentation
- Prepare and collate handover documents for O&M manuals.
- Manages team and individual performance ensuring all training and development needs are identified and fulfilled and all disciplinary issues dealt with promptly according to established procedures.
- Other tasks as required and commensurate with the role
Your Skills and Experience
- Financial and Market knowledge
- Construction Project Experience
- Extensive knowledge of HV/MV/LV and electrical contracting sector
- Experienced in planning and managing work programmes and effective resource utilisation
- Project management skills
- Experienced in managing quality and safety
- Have a high standard of computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), writing and numeric skills
- Have excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Be articulate, confident and tenacious with the ability to self-manage and act on own initiative
- A willingness to travel across Ireland as and when operational business requirements or client/project requirements dictate
SSE is Ireland's second largest energy utility and the leading developer and investor in cleaner energy infrastructure. SSE owns and operates over 2,000MW of generation capacity on the island of Ireland, of which 718MW is from renewable sources. Sitting within our Wholesale business, SSE Airtricity supplies greener electricity, natural gas and essential services to over 770,000 homes and businesses. Since 2008, SSE has directly invested over £2bn in growing its Ireland energy business including investment in large-scale, cleaner energy infrastructure. As a result of that investment SSE has contributed over €5bn to Irish Gross Domestic Product (GDP) since 2010, demonstrating the scale of economic activity that SSE's operations support across Ireland.
SSE Ireland has been certified by Business in the Community Ireland to the Business Working Responsibly Mark, the gold standard for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability in Ireland. The Mark is presented to companies that represent best-in-class leadership, policies, practices, performance, and impact in CSR and Sustainability including employee engagement, innovation, environmental practices, supply chain management and engagement with the local community.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.