Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Preston, Northwest England
GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum
ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE ENGINEERS - FMCG MANUFACTURING SECTOR - NELSON, LANCASHIRE - CONTINENETAL SHIFT PATTERN - £12.90p/h + 33% SHIFT ALLOWANCE (TOTAL OF £17.20 p/h) - PAYRISE AFTER PROBATION PERIOD - EXCELLENT LONG TERM CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Our client are a well known manufacturer of Juices and Smoothies that are distributed globally. They have a number of sites throughout the UK. The site in Nelson is an Aseptic bottling plants with 3 high spec manufacturing lines. Some of our clients key customers in the UK market include CCE (Coca Cola), Iceland and Pret a Manger.
Work closely with the Engineering Shift Supervisor, taking responsibility & ownership for delivering a high quality engineering service in support of the achievement of operational goals and targets.
Continuously work to improve the performance of People and Plant to deliver site efficiency and performance standards.
To complete the full range of maintenance activities across the entire installed asset base within the department that they work.
To rapidly diagnose and resolve both mechanical, electrical and basic control & instrumentation faults
To complete all work allocated to a high standards having the ability to complete all maintenance tasks across the installed asset base
To regularly observe and discuss equipment performance and make recommendations for activities to improve this.
Promote and support the company quality & safety standards, focusing on continuous improvement whilst contributing to the companies 4C's strategy, and demonstrating the company values and behaviours.
- Diagnosis, resolution and elimination of root causes of engineering faults
- Design, trial and implementation of minor equipment modifications in support of increased performance
- Completion of all scheduled, planned corrective, reactive and improvement maintenance as allocated
- Support to the implementation of permit to work system for control of contractor / internal activities within defined work area
- Ensure completion of equipment diaries, handover records, incident reports. Completion of notifications & Work orders within SAP PM for all work allocated to team. Raise purchase orders where required
- Attendance and input to all relevant operational, engineering and CI meetings.
- Maintain compliance to all internal and statutory legislation with particular regard to PTW, LOTO and Cott Risk Mgt Standards inc Risk assessment
- Meet with engineering shift supervisor at start and end of shift to agree operational and engineering priorities.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of allocated annual equipment overhauls.
- Experience of electrical repairs and fault finding on industrial machinery.
- Good knowledge of engineering principles and their practical application through industry standard generic components.
- Practical engineering skills including hand tools and machine tools.
- Awareness of the practical implications of all relevant Statutory legislation (PUWER, EAWA, Supply Of Machinery Regs, Functional Safety, pressure regs, gas regs, CDM etc)
- Week 1 : 2 days on 2 days off 3 days on
- Week 2 : 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off
- Week 3 : 2 nights on, 2 nights off, 3 nights on
- Week 4 : 2 nights off, 2 nights on, 3 nights off
- Starting rate of £17.20 p/h (Inc. shift allowance)
- Cont Pension
- 25 days Holidays plus stats
Please be aware that our client is looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible and can be extremely flexible on interview process.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer