|Position:||Electrical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP47872 - GBP62405 per annum + Car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £47,872 - £62,405 + car/car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
Our projects vary from the replacement of existing assets due to condition or increased load growth to the installation of new substations up to 132kV. In this role you will be:
- Developing detailed project designs that can be consented and safely constructed in compliance with SSEN standards and specifications.
- Producing or verifying design calculations, checking and approving designs to ensure the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions are selected to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Considering stakeholder views within the design development phase of the projects.
- Specification of plant through completion of order schedules for primary plant items, which will require an understanding of the plant items and their interaction.
- Supporting the team by providing engineering or technical advice relating to the project designs.
- Coordination of pre-construction surveys, stakeholder engagement and agreement of project scope, producing pre-tender documentation including programmes and financial forecasting, and ensuring compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Knowledge and understanding of power system substation design and operation up to 132kV.
- A qualification (minimum of HNC level) in a relevant discipline or have demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working under engineering design governance structures and experience of preparing tender documentation.
- Working as Principle Designer or have an understanding of the Principle Designer Role.
- A full current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.