|Position:||Electrical Design Approver|
|Salary:||GBP42691 - GBP49626 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: £42,691 - £49,626 (depending on experience) + car allowance and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
As an Electrical Design Approver, you will be responsible for supporting delivery connection-based projects to ensure new connections, and associated reinforcement works are delivered in accordance to engineering specification.
You will manage changes to the detailed construction designs and relaying this back to the Asset Designers, Connection Quoters and Project Managers and you will also provide guidance to the legal and consenting teams on appropriate design, environmental and consenting arrangements.
Other roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Check and ensure compliance with all licence and regulatory obligations.
- Set and drive Supplier contract performance targets managed through KPIs and continuous performance.
- Support, and agree, detailed design construction of substations, cables, overhead line schemes, earthing systems including reviewing of a bill of materials.
- Produce design deliverables for framework partners and analyse returns to make recommendation.
- Produce the required deliverables for construction folders enabling production of work packs for construction including Construction Design and management (CDM)requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Good knowledge of Distribution Networks and Power Distribution operations up to 33kV.
- Sound technical knowledge to comply with Design Authority approval of projects.
- Authorised as a minimum 11kv High Voltage switcher on both the underground and overhead network.
- Operating knowledge of the requirements for adoptions of large connections i.e. Independent Connection Providers and Generation connections (Metered Connections only).
- Youd ideally be authorised as a 'Senior Authorised Person'.
Regular travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.