|Position:||Electrical Contracts Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Clondalkin, Dublin
Salary: Up to €72,000 plus Annual Incentive + Excellent Benefits Package
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
Due to anticipated and continued growth in the street lighting/electrical contracting sector, we are currently looking to recruit a Contracts Manager to join our team. You will be based in our AUS Dublin Depot, with responsibility for the delivery team throughout the greater Dublin area and surrounding counties. You will ensure that the activities of the projects are planned, assigned and costed in line with projected budget and timelines provided. Ensuring the projects are being delivered to the contractual requirements and agreed standards. You must be commercially aware and must have the ability to develop strong working relationships with suppliers and clients to develop and grow the depot.
Main Job Purpose
Provide direction and management for a Lighting /electrical delivery team undertaking construction of Lighting and Electrical contracting projects, ensuring that the team contribute to the overall success of the business and the company as a whole.
- Actively promote a positive safety culture; monitor and control team safety performance to ensure all Company and customer safety rules and procedures are applied by staff and contractors.
- Plan, organise, monitor and control the team to ensure full and effective use is made of resources at all times. You deliver the work plan within budget and in accordance with all standards.
- Manage teams efforts to ensure that all agreed SLAs, goals and delivery commitments are met.
- Plan, organise and control work programme and monitor work progress, ensuring that all works are risk assessed, customer requirements are met, standards achieved and proper cost control maintained at all times.
- Plan, organise, lead and control major electrical schemes involving significant planning and client/contractor liaison at all contract stages to ensure scheme is delivered effectively, to budget and in accordance with client requirements.
- Lead and manage the team, ensure a high level of motivation and co-operation is maintained at all times and support the achievement of the business plan.
- Provide support to your team, in achieving of business and company goals and targets.
- Manages team and individual performance ensuring all training and development needs are identified and fulfilled.
- Monitor and manage the welfare of team members working remotely from your location.
- Guide team on reviewing project performance and identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A broad understanding of safety and risk awareness
- Knowledge of Electrical Industry
- Operational experience within Electrical Contracting or similar contracting activity
- Sound contract administration, financial control and management of Projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications and appropriate Company systems
- Ability to balance client requirements, commercial priorities and effective resource allocation to deliver high profit contribution and effective work programme
- Self-motivated with excellent personal effectiveness and the ability to manage own workload and work independently incorporating short notice changes and demands.
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
- A strong understanding of the business needs that drive your teams activities.
- Experience in managing aspects of team performance.
- Confidence and skill in directing others
- Results oriented
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Leads by example, provides guidance and advice to team and peers and sets a vision for future excellence
We employ 1000 individuals doing everything from helping customers with their bills to the creation of clean, green renewable energy. Our people are important to us and we go to great lengths to extend the values of our award-winning customer service to our employees to ensure that as part of our diverse workforce, you have the flexibility and opportunity to develop to your fullest potential.
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You'll enjoy 25 days annual leave entitlement, with the option to buy up to 10 extra days and will also be eligible for a host of other lifestyle benefits. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our "Be the Difference" scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.