|Position:||E&I Technician - SHLNG|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Pembroke
Salary: JIB Own Transport 2020 - £19.45 per hour
Working Pattern: Full time | 37.5 hours per week | Permanent
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
What is the Role?
In this role you'll be reporting to the SSE and Client Managers/Engineers and working within an experienced maintenance team, ensuring maximum availability for the production plant across site. Duties will include
- Carrying out routine preventive maintenance on a variety of high and medium voltage electrical generator and transmission equipment, tools switchgear and transformers in accordance with schedules, check lists and specific equipment requirements. Includes ATEX inspections, cleaning, greasing, carrying out repairs, testing and ensuring all connections are functioning correctly.
- Install a variety of high or medium voltage equipment which has been repaired or overhauled on site, including laying network cabling and required generator sets, motors, transformers busbars, switchgear and power connection parts.
- Repair a variety of high and medium voltage equipment and appliances at the work site using electrical tools and test equipment such as megger meters, multi meters, oil and relay testers etc. Includes examining wiring diagrams, measuring and checking a variety of wires and connections, diagnosing and locating equipment and control circuit faults, identifying appropriate repair methods and carrying out site repairs as necessary, before recommissioning and testing equipment. Carry out any necessary cable jointing and splicing.
- Carry out major scheduled overhauls of electrical power and supply systems. This includes stripping down motors, transformers and control systems, repairing and replacing defective parts, cleaning system, ensuring all electrical circuits, connections, circuit breakers and protection devices are working effectively and testing upon assembly and/or re-installation.
- Ensuring that all work sites are secured and prepared in accordance with the Permit to Work procedure that all work is carried out in accordance with safety regulations and procedures and that sites are cleaned and cleared of all materials, tools and equipment upon completion of any maintenance activity.
What Do I Need?
- Completion of Secondary education
- Fluent in English
- Completion of recognized Electrical Craft Apprenticeship
- Compex EX 01-04 certified
- Certification to operate Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (IPAF)
- 3 years' experience in Oil & Gas processing plant
- Computer literate and knowledge of SAP (preferable)
- Certification to isolate High-Voltage circuits (preferable)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (preferable but training can be arranged if required)
- C&G 2391 (or equivalent)
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with Ciaran Gilfedder,
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.