We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Field Engineer to join our team at Fawley Refinery and Chemical Plant. The largest refinery in the UK, Fawley is a combined refining, lubricants and chemicals manufacturing site which is located on the south coast of England, on the edge of the New Forest National Park.
The Field Engineer is responsible for monitoring and appraising the contractors and sub-contractors performance in the areas of Safety, Health and Environment, quality control, planning, scheduling, cost control and sub-contract administration.
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
Job Role Responsibilities
• Review and audit contractors field procedures, including safety (using LPS tools) and quality control functions.
• Appraise contractors/subcontractors compliance with the project SHE Plan.
• Monitor correctness and quality of work and identify any corrective actions and necessary rework.
• Providing construction input to support the development process.
• Review all engineering drawings prior to construction issue to check constructability issues have been addressed and scope/detail is clearly defined.
• Ensure contractors/sub-contractors generate "Technical Queries" to resolve or approve field-originated engineering changes.
• Appraise contractors/sub-contractors conformance with approved drawings and job specification. This includes assessment and testing of the contractors/sub-contractors competence to undertake the intended task.
• Monitor and record performance of contractors supervision in all aspects of control of field labour and materials, tools, equipment and work progress.
• Coordination of contractors/sub-contractors activities with those of other contractors and the owners personnel/operations activities.
• Provide construction progress information of the construction planner and Construction Manager.
• Monitor and audit turnover process and contractors/sub-contractor list activities.
Expected Level of Proficiency
Engineer with maintenanceor E&I construction supervision experience in Petrochemical Plants.
Experienced Supervisor with experience of oil and petrochemical installations.
Relevant trade qualification in particularly familiarity with work permitting process.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Job Segment: First Line Supervisor, Construction, Construction Line Supervisor, Manager, Engineer, Engineering, Management