|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Southampton and Surrounding Area
Salary: Up to £42,800 plus Car or Allowance, Plus Excellent Benefits
Working Pattern: Permanent / Full Time Hours
As an Estimator you'll play a key role in providing the means to grow our Electrical & Instrumental business for SSE Contracting in the UK. You'll be responsible for developing cost models/plans, submitting accurate estimates and managing bids for design and build projects, including large and more complex major schemes. You'll be responsible for developing and delivering effective and competitive quotations for new works requests as identified by the sales team. Daily responsibilities will include estimating costs, prices and producing quotations for customers in both the public and private sectors, ensuring both business and customer needs are met fully. On larger project bids, you may also be required to co-ordinate and lead a team to ensure bid completion to schedule and standards.
Your Skills and Experience
- sound electrical/mechanical/site specific knowledge
- must have good knowledge of instrumentation
- must have excellent knowledge of the E&I supply chain
- commercial acumen
- knowledge of key contracts and customer/client base
- awareness of SSE's activities and objectives
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- completed a craft apprenticeship (or recognised equivalent)
- developed competence to the level of BTEC or equivalent technical training and experience
- excellent maths and IT skills
- knowledge of contractual requirements, terms and conditions
- good understanding of technical drawings
- good understanding of technical requirements to complete works
- ability to "take off" quantities from drawings or bill of quantities
- preparation of Schedule of Rates
- understanding of the importance of client and data confidentiality
- assessing the levels of risk on a project
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here are a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.