|Position:||Domestic Credit Controller|
|Salary:||EUR26000 - EUR30000 per annum + annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Dublin 18
Salary: €26,000 - €30,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
About the Department
Energy Customer Solutions is the face of SSE to our customers in GB and Ireland, providing leading and reliable B2B services as well as leading retail solutions for our B2C customers.
What is the Role?
SSE Airtricity has an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller within our Domestic Credit Control team. This is a high performing team who are tasked with collecting outstanding domestic debt in both ROI and NI with a proven track record of achieving its targets. The purpose of your role is to ensure customers are operating within agreed payment terms. Responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
- Contacting customers in arrears and prioritising aged debt collection. Contact customers on a regular basis when a bill is overdue by any means possible including telephone, email, letter.
- Ensuring compliance with Regulation (UR and CER). Engage Code and Data Protection.
- Working with the PayGo process to ensure customers can use it as a suitable payment process.
- Liaising with Customer Service, Billing, Accounts Receivable and COT departments
- Dealing with queries to ensure invoices are paid promptly
- Liaising with third party organisations re collections and payment plans, ensure good communication both internally with colleagues and departments and externally with customers, agencies and all stakeholders.
- Produce PPM reconciliations on performance and financial status and reporting on them.
- Ensure that all recovery procedures are followed, reminder letters and notices are issued and disconnections are processed through to completion as required.
- Action and process weekly and monthly reports, identify accounts that have failed to adhere to the agreed payment terms.
Additionally, to provide various routine and ad-hoc reports as required including weekly reports of the high debtors and actions taken to collect payment and KPIs.
- Analyse monthly reports and identify trends to ensure that all business objectives and targets are being delivered. To keep accurate and up to date records of all Key Performance areas.
- Review the credit status of new customers and ensure the appropriate action is taken as required.
- Continually monitor existing customers for signs of risk, focusing on late payers to be aware of payment or trading issues and take appropriate action to minimise any future risk to the business.
- Use the Network Operators resources to facilitate sit work requests including meter exchanges, disconnections and reconnections as required.
What do I need?
- Training in Credit Control/Management such as CICM or IICM
- Ability to work business deadlines and to deliver objectives
- Excellent analytical/reconciliation skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills
- Business reporting skills, identifying trends and minimising risk
- Ability to forge relationships and develop/maintain inter departmental co-operation
- Ability to deal with multiple issues at same time and prioritise workload to achieve results
- Ability to deliver a high-volume of outbound calls to customers
- Experience of Inter departmental communication and co-operation
- Ability to understand queries and problems and how to manage them through to completion
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates.
The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch on sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.