|Position:||Domestic Credit Control - Permanent|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Dublin 18
Salary: circa €26,000- €30,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available | 37.5 hours per week
SSE Airtricity is Ireland's second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland.
SSE Airtricity has an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller within our Domestic Credit Control team. This is a high performing team who are tasked with collecting outstanding domestic debt in both ROI and NI with a proven track record of achieving its targets. The purpose of your role is to ensure customers are operating within agreed payment terms.
- Contacting customers in arrears and prioritising aged debt collection. To contact customers on a regular basis when a bill is overdue by any means possible including telephone, email, letter.
- Ensuring compliance with Regulation (UR and CER). Engage Code and Data Protection.
- Working with the PayGo process to ensure customers can use it as a suitable payment process.
- Liaising with Customer Service, Billing, Accounts Receivable and COT departments
- Dealing with queries to ensure invoices are paid promptly
- Liaising with third party organisations re collections and payment plans, ensure good communication both internally with colleagues and departments and externally with customers, agencies and all stakeholders.
- Produce PPM reconciliations on performance and financial status and reporting on them.
- To ensure that all recovery procedures are followed, reminder letters and notices are issued and disconnections are processed through to completion as required.
- To action and process weekly and monthly reports, identify accounts that have failed to adhere to the agreed payment terms.
Additionally, to provide various routine and ad-hoc reports as required including weekly reports of the high debtors and actions taken to collect payment and KPIs.
- To analyse monthly reports and identify trends to ensure that all business objectives and targets are being delivered. To keep accurate and up to date records of all Key Performance areas.
- To review the credit status of new customers and ensure the appropriate action is taken as required.
- To continually monitor existing customers for signs of risk, focusing on late payers to be aware of payment or trading issues and take appropriate action to minimise any future risk to the business.
- To use the Network Operators resources to facilitate sit work requests including meter exchanges, disconnections and reconnections as required.
Your Skills and Experience
- Training in Credit Control/Management such as CICM or IICM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and organisational skills
- Ability to work business deadlines and to deliver objectives
- Excellent analytical/reconciliation skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills with customers
- Business reporting skills, identifying trends and minimising risk
- Ability to forge relationships and develop/maintain inter departmental co-operation
- Ability to deal with multiple issues at same time and prioritise workload to achieve results
- Ability to deliver a high-volume of outbound calls to customers
- Experience of Inter departmental communication and co-operation
- Ability to understand queries and problems and how to manage them through to completion
SSE is Ireland's second largest energy utility and the leading developer and investor in cleaner energy infrastructure. SSE owns and operates over 2,000MW of generation capacity on the island of Ireland, of which 718MW is from renewable sources. Sitting within our Wholesale business, SSE Airtricity supplies greener electricity, natural gas and essential services to over 770,000 homes and businesses. Since 2008, SSE has directly invested over £2bn in growing its Ireland energy business including investment in large-scale, cleaner energy infrastructure. As a result of that investment SSE has contributed over €5bn to Irish Gross Domestic Product (GDP) since 2010, demonstrating the scale of economic activity that SSEs operations support across Ireland.
SSE Ireland has been certified by Business in the Community Ireland to the Business Working Responsibly Mark, the gold standard for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability in Ireland. The Mark is presented to companies that represent best-in-class leadership, policies, practices, performance, and impact in CSR and Sustainability including employee engagement, innovation, environmental practices, supply chain management and engagement with the local community.
We employ 1000 individuals doing everything from helping customers with their bills to the creation of clean, green renewable energy. Our people are important to us and we go to great lengths to extend the values of our award winning customer service to our employees to ensure that as part of our diverse workforce, you have the flexibility and opportunity to develop to your fullest potential.
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You'll enjoy 25 days annual leave entitlement, with the option to buy up to 10 extra days and will also be eligible for a host of other lifestyle benefits.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.