|Position:||Domestic Credit Control Agent|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: €24,600 - €30,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working patterns available
What is the Role?
SSE Airtricity has an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller within our Domestic Credit Control team. This is a high performing team who are tasked with collecting outstanding domestic debt in both ROI and NI with a proven track record of achieving its targets. The purpose of your role is to ensure customers are operating within agreed payment terms. Your responsibilities will include:
- Contacting customers in arrears and prioritising aged debt collection. To contact customers on a regular basis when a bill is overdue by any means possible including telephone, email, letter.
- Ensuring compliance with Regulation (UR and CRU). Engage Code and Data Protection.
- Dealing with queries to ensure invoices are paid promptly.
- Liaising with third party organisations re collections and payment plans, ensure good communication both internally with colleagues and departments and externally with customers, agencies and all stakeholders.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Training in Credit Control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and organisational skills
- Ability to work business deadlines and to deliver objectives
- Ability to deal with multiple issues at same time and prioritise workload to achieve results
About our Business
SSE Airtricity is Ireland's second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland. At SSE Airtricity we believe in making energy better. Around 40% of the electricity SSE Airtricity supplies to its customers on an island basis is generated from renewable sources - the greenest energy supply of any provider on the island and over three times the average on an all-island basis.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday pro rata'd (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button on our advert and after submitting your details, you'll be asked to complete an online test which will assess some of the skills required in this role.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on 01738 340 826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.