|Position:||Distribution Substation Inspector|
|Salary:||GBP10.24 - GBP11.96 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Farnham, Hampshire
Salary: £10.24 - £11.96 per hour, depending on experience
Working Pattern: Permanent Position | 37 hours | Full Time
About the Department
SSE Power Distribution, part of the SSE group, owns and operates two electricity distribution networks and one transmission network, comprising some 123,000 substations and 127,000km of overhead lines and underground cables, distributing electricity to 3.5 million homes and businesses in the North of Scotland and Southern England.
What is the Role?
You'll have the responsibility for the routine safety and integrity inspections of Primary and Distribution Substations, covering all voltages associated with the Distribution Network. You'll also be expected to develop your knowledge of the risks associated with Substation sites and their associated plant and equipment and escalate any urgent issues to be addressed immediately.
Whilst carrying out your tasks in a variety of conditions in all weathers, you'll conduct Substation inspections and clearance activities which will include High Risk Site activities. You'll also be responsible for the control of quality, safety and planning of inspection activities are conducted in an efficient manner, while also ensuring that regulatory and legislative compliance is met. While completing this you'll record all required information as per current processes accurately to ensure compliance and meet all regulatory and legislative standards. As an ambassador for SSEN you are expected to maintain and improve, exceptional customer relations with landowners and members of the public.
What do I need?
- Awareness and understanding of SSEN's inspection methodology and licensing conditions that relate to safety inspection activities.
- Awareness of Statutory, regulatory and licence requirements including ESQCR, industry wide Code of Practice as well as engineering practices.
- IT skills to enable the recording and updating of all required data.
- Operated within a customer driven environment, possessing excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to safely access remote equipment positioned over rough ground and hillsides.
- Technical knowledge to interpret levels of wood rough using provided technology.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to deliver within challenging timescales
- The ability to prioritise, plan and organise immediate and longer-term business priorities
- Flexibility to work away from home.
- Recognise, deliver and improve efficiency targets.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch at: sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.