|Position:||Director of Rail|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Glasgow or Reading
Salary: Competitive package including car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
As our Director of Rail, you will have ultimate responsibility for the delivery of the SSE Rail business and will create an environment which seeks innovative solutions to drive performance; encouraging and identifying opportunities for business growth to create a greater market share and deliver a commercial viable, market leading service operating safely and efficiently.
As a dynamic leader you'll provide direction on joint ventures, strategic business partnerships, major projects and operational efficiency. Furthermore, you'll lead your team, promoting a sustainable and rewarding working environment focused on utilising resources efficiently, talent development and motivating your team to provide a best practice service ensuring robust compliance procedures and risk assessments are made in line with SSE's group culture.
Your team will be at the centre of us achieving our ambition, so you'll bring leadership, passion, energy, insight, pace and rigour to drive our business forward.
Your Skills & Experience
- You'll be a credible business leader who is adaptable and progressive with the ability to respond to the changing needs of the business.
- You'll bring demonstrable experience of engaging and motivating teams; identifying key talent and developing staff to create a sustainable, highly productive and diverse workforce.
- Demonstrable experience of operating at executive level within the UK Rail industry, managing complex situations including development of strategic partnerships, supply chains and delivery solutions.
- Experience of delivering high profile and high value major Rail projects.
- You'll have a strong understanding of key commercial concepts, which will include insight, market trends, value management, customer experience and financial performance.
- Demonstrable experience of driving change is essential.
- Additionally, you'll have the ability to forge compelling commercial proposals, sell business cases and to responsibly manage budgets to create future value for SSE.
We have an excellent benefits package commensurate with this MD Level role including excellent performance incentives, pension, share plans, a generous leave entitlement (with options to purchase additional leave), staff energy, phone and broadband tariffs, plus a host of other rewards and lifestyle benefits.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
The successful candidate will be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process. This includes a basic criminal records check.