Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
DevOps Engineer - Contract
Central London, London
GBP400 - GBP500 per day
A leading innovation hub and start-up creator is building a brand new Stealth Automotive business and they're building a market-leading digital platform, revolutionising the distribution of used cars in a sustainable manner.
This is a great opportunity to join a tight-knit, friendly team, to build a product-focused around the needs of our customers in an Agile fashion. Day to day you'll be owning platform operations, solving problems, collaborating with your peers, and receiving mentorship and support from the CTO.
What will you get to do?
- Build and own platform operations for our venture as we launch. Responsibilities range from production environment build, deployment support to automation and performance tuning.
- Anticipate operational problems by monitoring system performance and studying operating targets. Recommend solution to operational problems identified.
- Work closely with development team to manage system lifecycle including change and configuration management in order to foster a DevOps culture
- Troubleshoot any emergency infrastructure incidents to achieve optimal application performance and stability
What will you bring?
- Knowledge of infrastructure, security and monitoring
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Experience building AWS based, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure for high traffic web/mobile application and big data analytics platform
- Hands on experience in shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python is preferable)
- Expert knowledge in UNIX, Networking, and Security
- Experience in production support (infrastructure and service operation) for large scale deployment
- Terraform for configuration management
- Experience in source control and continuous delivery tools
- Docker for building and maintaining production container environments
- Experience with Agile software development
- Good understanding of event management, incident management and problem management
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. quality assurance, review, documentation etc.)
Tech stack: ES6, React, AWS, AWS Lambda, Python, Django, Elasticsearch
This will be limit testing, cutting edge and hugely rewarding.
Location: Central London
Duration: Contract - 3 months rolling
Rate: £400 - £500 per day
Agency: Anson McCade