Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Central London, London
GBP65000 - GBP85000 per annum + Package
Senior DevOps Consultant
I am looking for a well skilled DevOps Consultant with extensive experience working in developing/engineering tools that automate the manual processes often involved in deploying applications.
You will be working for an innovation and transformation consultancy, who believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, you will help create opportunity from complexity. You will work with diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough technologies to progress further, faster.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to help adapt, transform and improve their business. You will join a global team of over 2,800 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, and transport, travel and logistics.
To be considered for this role you should be fully flexible for consultancy style travel.
DevOps is a diverse and growing capability. There are a variety of different tools, cloud technologies and approaches. I don't expect you to know them all but I am interested in speaking to DevOps specialists with experience of:
- Strong consultancy experience in top tier, blue-chip organisations.
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Building and implementing CI/CD Pipelines, experience working with repos, build automation tools, build orchestration and environment automation is very interesting E.g. Jenkins, GIT, SVN, CVS, Cloud-Formation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Code Pipeline, Azure Stack
- Implementing microservices and containers E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift
- Implementing tools for logging, monitoring and alerting. E.g. TICK Stack, ELK Stack, Splunk, CloudWatch
- Creating and automating virtual machines in the cloud deployed on computer instances.
- Implementing other cloud infrastructure and networking required to host a digital service, including storage, firewall and network configuration.
- High availability, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions in the cloud.
- Deploying serverless functions E.g. AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions, Azure Cloud Functions
- Excellent stakeholder and vendor management experience.
- Working knowledge of OS including CLI experience, deploying and configuring application or web servers in virtual machines. E.g. Linux, Tomcat, JBoss, Windows Server, IIS.
- Solving environmental and configuration issues across the stack.
- Application of operational processes, such as patching strategies and dependency management of environments and virtual machines.
Location: London, SW1
Salary: Up to £85,000 + Package
Agency: Anson McCade
Contact: Peter Vannet - 02077806706 (Ext. #318)